I wish to utilize my skills and talents in a full or part time creative position local to the Fort Worth area. I offer such a company a wealth of print design experience for commercial sheet-fed and web presses, (magazine design, book design, direct mail), digital prepress, front-end web design & development, responsive web design, WordPress, HTML5 and CSS3. I am versed on both Mac and PC computer platforms, with experience in networking and maintaining Mac workstations and external communication devices, along with operating and maintaining digital color-proofing systems, imagesetters and computer-to-plate systems.
PrintGraphic Services, Inc., Arlington, TX – June 2015 to Present
Part-time Graphic Designer / Production Artist / Web Designer
- Layout and design of newsletters, postcards, flyers, posters, menus, interactive Web flyers, logo design, and Web design & development.
Freelance Graphic Designer – July 2010 to June 2015
Freelance Graphic Designer
- Freelance clients include: Ground Cover Industries, Inc., Architectural Fabrication, Inc./Sign & Awning Services, HnH Engineering, The Arlington Margarita Society of Texas, Arlington Business Professionals, Branch-Smith Printing, Groovy Goods Smoke Shop, and Nicholas Company Commercial Real Estate Developers.
Customized Communications, Inc., Arlington, TX – July 2001 to July 2010
Art Director / Graphic Designer / Digital Prepress Technician
- Worked independently on multiple projects, simultaneously, in a fast-paced environment.
- Prioritized projects in order to meet inventory and project deadlines.
- Consulted with client Marketing Departments to determine their needs in order to meet the final design goal.
- Designed English and Spanish versions of magazines, brochures, catalogs, pocket folders, pocket covers, direct mail pieces and other collateral.
- Designed client mock-ups and proofs. Proofread to ensure accuracy of spelling, grammar, text formatting, kerning, typography, and layout of both copy and graphics.
- Created 100+ slide PowerPoint presentations to accompany health education books.
- Created digital templates of marketing material and then utilized those to “customize” with client’s facility logo and overprint information based on branding guidelines and demographics. Generated color proofs on these designs, as well as outside customer-built files, and packaged files for the printing company.
- Performed press checks, when necessary, to ensure accuracy of color-critical projects.
- Established relationships with print houses, prepress personnel and pressmen to adhere to requirements for submission of files and scheduling of press checks.
- Negotiated, established and maintained business accounts with vendors
- Purchased all supplies for the Art Department, including hardware and software.
- Networked Macintosh computers and all peripherals.
- Performed software installations and upgrades.
Motheral Printing Company, Fort Worth, TX – July 1999 to July 2001
Digital Prepress Technician
- Preflighted outside customer files, ensuring all images and fonts accompanied the page layout file. Checked for proper bleeds, trapping, color separation, and that all images were saved in the correct color mode and file format.
- Generated color proofs.
- Digitally stripped and positioned files according to what press they were running on.
- Generated polyester and metal plates to an AGFA SelectSet 7000 Imagesetter utilizing a direct-to-plate imaging system.
- Dismantled, cleaned and replenished chemicals in the plate processor.
- Worked closely with the pressmen to meet any emergency needs of re-plates.
LeWay Composing Services, Fort Worth, TX – October 1997 to July 1999
Graphic Designer / Digital Prepress Technician
- Designed 4-color Chamber of Commerce magazines for communities in Texas and Oklahoma. Typeset and designed brochures, stationery, detailed insurance forms, charts, business forms and type floats.
- Preflighted outside customer-built files, ensuring all images and fonts accompanied the page layout file. Checked for proper bleeds, trapping, color separation and that all images were saved in the correct color mode and file format.
- Digitally archived all jobs worked.
- Developed film and camera ready art. Dismantled, cleaned and replenished chemicals in the film processor.
Texas Longhorn Breeders Association, FT. Worth, TX – December 1996 to October 1997
- Layout and design of The Texas Longhorn Breeders’ monthly publication
The Texas Longhorn Trails.
- Scanned and color corrected photos, designed logos, built ads and formatted editorial copy.
- Collected digital files for the Branch Smith Printing company.
- Performed press checks for color critical jobs.
Art Institute of Ft. Worth – March 2012 to December 2013
Online Web Development Training – July 2010 to Present
- Extensive online courses taught by Adobe© Certified Instructors. I use Lynda.com Online Training Library on an as-needed-basis to learn, or brush-up on, any software or programming language I may need.
ATI Career Training Center, Hurst, TX – December 1995 to December 1996
Associates Degree in Graphic Design
- Studies focused on Digital and Traditional Art: Brand Identity, Logo Design, Desktop Publishing, Digital Scanning, Image Manipulation, Color Correction, Photography, Stat Camera Operation, Film Development, as well as Pen & Ink, Pencil, Water Color and Colored Pencil.